Hey, Fashionistas, if you want to write anything for our blog, we offer you the opportunity to become an Author of The Style Hymn, all you need to do is just EMAIL us at FANFASH19@GMAIL.COM, requesting author rights.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ways to wear: A Skirt


We all are fan of mini skirts since the school days when we used to fold the uniform skirt up right after the assembly!! One thing for sure, mini skirts look great on well toned long legs!
1) Try wearing the same top pattern and skirt. Mix the patterns to harmony! Filipa Fino


  wears this Dolce skirt and she is matching it with a bold polka dot top. She adds


   extra color to it by wearing animal print booties.
I have 8 skirts in my wardrobe which are completely different from each other, not only their lengths vary but their style varies too, hence,each time I wear a skirt it looks different from the outfit I wore last time.

Just to add up some style to the outfit, we can try new crazy ideas. I am posting a few, which i recently liked a lot. The style may vary from person to person, like I am more of the polished version ladylike types, I find my friend's clothing really young,smart and trendy! Moreover style and skin tone should compliment each other. I don't know if I can ever wear something metallic, I don't think I can look very great in them. Whereas, My friend Tanuja(who has a tanned gorgeous skin) prefers to stay away from green. Here are a few styles I absolutely adored.



2). Get totally formal.This style is totally mine, it not only makes you look sexy and 


    high fashion but being pleated it adds that extra cute factor to it.







Lauren Howell wears a cashmere sweater with skirt.



Hanelli wears a cashmere sweater



3).Wear it with a sweater.I totatlly fell in love with the style of Lauren Howell, the Vogue 


editor. I just love the way she has added color to the outfit by using the blue clutch. It 


looks absolutely stunning. Moreover her skirt is an Alaïa denim skirt, which looks fabulous 


with the thick cashmere sweater.






4). Mix and match or Androgynous! Try mixing a very casual skirt, ruffles or denim with 


something formal and plain, like this! You see how beautifully the scarf and the jacket 


makes a simple denim skirt look so extra glamorous.










5).Wear it with high boots!This look of Anne Hathaway is great! Did you notice, how the 


thigh high boots add that X-Factor to the whole look

No comments:

Post a Comment